[TriLUG] Re: North Carolina Market

Meyer, David R David.Meyer07 at ca.com
Wed Apr 23 13:04:35 EDT 2003

Hi John,

Let me throw in something for the Florida market...SUCKS.  I was out of
work for nine months before taking this job, and I have other friends
who have been out of work for nearly two years.  It's ugly down here.
Lot's of techies that do not want to move, so anything that comes open
has fierce competition.  Also, companies know this and thus do not pay
what they used to.  I took a 15% paycut, and some of my friends took
bigger cuts because companies know they can pay less given the current
lack of jobs.

My advice...if you have a job, STAY THERE!!!!

Dave