[TriLUG] Fwd: Assistance needed for Linux seminar

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Apr 24 19:31:55 EDT 2003

Hello,

This message came across the LUG @ NCSU list recently.  I thought it
might be appropriate here.

--Jeremy

===== Forwarded Message =====

From: 	Gabriel Gurley <Ggurley at sampson.cc.nc.us>
To: 	Lug-sc at lists.ncsu.edu
Subject: 	[lug-sc] Assistance needed for Linux seminar
Date: 	Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:43:37 -0400

My name is Gabriel Gurley, Director of the Small Business Center at
Sampson Community College in Clinton.  Clinton is located east of
Raleigh, about an hour away off of I-40 going towards Wilmington.  The
Small Business Center provides services to the citizens of Sampson
County to help them start and grow their small business.  The services
we provide include one-on-one consultations, guides and resources to
information to help their small business, as well as seminars on a wide
variety of topics to help the small business owner, including technology
issues related to small business.

I am writing to seek assistance in finding someone who can lecture a
seminar on using Linux in a small business environment.  The seminar
will be held in Fall 2003, and our seminars are usually 3 hours long in
the evening hours.  Ideally, I would like to be able to demonstrate to
the business community that there are alternative operating systems
available for their small businesses that meets their needs, yet is cost
effective and gives them more freedom in the choices they make when
implementing technology solutions in their business.

If you know of someone I can contact that may have an interest in
presenting a seminar on Linux for small business use, please contact
me.  Any assistance you may be able to provide is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mr. Gabriel Gurley
Director, Small Business Center
Sampson Community College