[TriLUG] IMAP on Mandrake 9.1

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Fri Apr 25 14:39:03 EDT 2003

--On Friday, April 25, 2003 02:23:08 PM -0400 Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com>
wrote:

> Is there any reason you didn't want to use the official Imapd rpm that
> comes with Mandrake 9.1?
>
> Even if you want to compile your own you should look at that rpm to see
> how the Mandrake guys are compiling it (as a starting point).
>
> Jon Carnes

Yeah... it is all part of my SpamAssassin project.  The production platform
is Tru64 but I like to build the stuff first somewhere else, namely my
local work station.  I find that using different platforms helps me to
'know' the software better.  That is one of the main reasons I tend to
build from source as much as I can and not rely on distro supplied rpm's
and the like.

By the way, I asked on another list, this one supporting Mulberry, and they
offered that both the U.Washihngton IMAP server and the CMU (Cyrus) server
where considered the 'reference' servers.  There's a bit of difference in
what the two offer that I'm looking at right now.

Thanks for the response!

--
Daniel Monjar
IS Manager, Technical Services