[TriLUG] Where can I find a current server for a Red Hat 7.1 box??

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Apr 25 16:16:54 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 16:08, Matt Hoover wrote:

> This is exactly what I am worrying about.  I know that I need to get a
> latter glibc, and I want to make sure that I install the correct one.
> I have downloaded all of the glibc rpms, and I am trying to figure out
> which one is currently installed.  When I run:
> rpm -q -i glibc
> it returns the version number of the glibc rpm that is installed, but I
> have not figured out how to find the architecture that is currently
> installed.

Try something like this:
rpm -q --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} : %{ARCH}\n' glibc

That will include the ARCH tag in the output.

Here's a command that will list everything that's not i386 or noarch:
rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} : %{ARCH}\n' |
egrep '(i686|i586|athlon)'

> In another message it was suggested that I just create a new demo
> account at Red Hat.  Right now this machine is saying that it is not
> entitled to access rhn.  If I delete the systemid file, and re-run
> register_rhn, will it let me create a new account?

Sure.  Or you can give that machine an entitlement through the RHN web
interface.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |