[TriLUG] OT: new BS from AOL

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 25 23:27:24 EDT 2003

This is nice, now I cannot e-mail my uncle, mother and father, or aunt
from my home because AOL, in it's freaking "wisdom" has decided not to
allow mail from my host since my sendmail box is on a dynamic IP
address:

<<< 550-The IP address you are using to connect to AOL is either open to
<<< 550-the free relaying of e-mail, is serving as an open proxy, or is
<<< 550-dynamic (residential) IP address.  AOL cannot accept further
e-mail
<<< 550-transactions from your server until either your server is
closed to
<<< 550-free relaying/proxy, or your ISP removes your IP address from
their
<<< 550-list of dynamic IP addresses.  For additional information,
<<< 550-please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com.
<<< 550 Goodbye

Losers.

Sorry, had to vent.