[Fwd: [TriLUG] OT TWC DVR]

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 15:34:36 EDT 2003

lfwelty at nc.rr.com wrote:
> Anyone plugged theirs in yet?

I've had mine for 6 days...

> How'd you like it?

Love it.  From what I've read, it is lacking many features
compared to more advanced DVRs (Tivo, ReplayTV), so if you
already have one and love those features...don't switch.
I don't know what those features might be (and don't want
to know) - it does everything I need and want.

Changing channels is noticably sluggish, so if you like to
surf through the channels (ch+/-), this will probably drive
you crazy.  I use the onscreen guide exclusively, so I barely
notice it.  So far, it has been very easy to use - my wife
loves the ease of use.  Like many, she refused to use our VCR
to record shows regularly.  She seems at ease with the DVR.

It has dual tuners, so you can record 2 shows at once or
record/watch.  It also has PIP.  IMO, it is a steal at $7/mo.

> This is a *real* DVR correct? Not Video On Demand, right?

yes

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com