[TriLUG] Best NTP Client for Linux

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Tue Apr 29 08:36:59 EDT 2003

Many distributions have the NTP package (RH has an ntp rpm as part of
the install)

there's a quick little program you can run as part of that package.

ntpdate <server>

This will sync your date/time with the <server>

Also, many distros have the NTP settings available as part of the time
change GUI.  (RH9 does anyway)

HTH,
CJK