[TriLUG] redhat 8+ RPM question

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Tue Apr 29 10:50:54 EDT 2003

I've been trying to build some stuff with cpan2rpm but I'm getting
extraneous dependencies from "example" scripts that I can't get rid of
because of RPM 4.1+'s perl provides/depends autogeneration.

I know there's a way to disable it, but I can't for the life of me
remember what it is, and searching on that kind of thing on google is a
lesson in futility.  :)

Anyone recall how to disable the new perl magic dependency generation?

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
"Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded