[TriLUG] Re: Meeting - May 8th: Elections

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Tue Apr 29 20:49:31 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 01:29:06PM -0400, Jon Carnes wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 12:58, Chris Knowles wrote:
> > Hello everybody!
> >
> > TriLUG is having a meeting on Thursday, May 8th.
> >
> > Also there will be the yearly Steering committee elections.  For that we
> > actually need your help *right now*.  There are five slots, and only
> > four current committee members running for re-election.  Please send
> > your nominations to
> > trilug at trilug.org, and please come vote at the May meeting.
> >

> I would like to nominate Mike Broome for the Steering Committee.  He and
> Lisa Lorenzin have done a good a job in helping out with the TriLUG RHCE
> study group (I would nominate Lisa Lorenzin too, but she's already said
> that she won't run)...

Thanks for the nomination, Jon.  I accept. :)

[ Sorry for the delay in replying.  I wanted to check the Articles of
  Incorporation -- see http://www.trilug.org/articles.pgp -- because I
  remembered something about a minimum lead time for nominations.  Found
  it at the end of the eighth article: 10 days.  So by my counting, the
  nominations on April 28th made it under the wire. ]

> > Current Nominees are:
> > Mike Johnson
> > Jeremy Portzer
> > Tanner Lovelace
> > Chris Knowles
> >
> > Unfortunately we are losing Lisa Boyd.  She assures us that she will
> > continue to help out with things like classes, but her presence will be
> > missed.

Sorry to hear that Lisa is stepping down from the steering committee.
She's definitely been an asset to the LUG!

Mike

--
Mike Broome
mbroome(at)employees.org