[TriLUG] Red Hat 9 and Samsung Monitor

Ken Wahl ken at kenwahl.org
Fri May 2 20:50:40 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 07:08:59PM -0400, Mike wrote:
> It says:
> [root at TUX X11]# /usr/sbin/ddcprobe
>
> Videocard DDC probe results
> Memory (MB):  16
>
> Monitor DDC probe results
> ID: SAM413b
> Name: S/M 955DF
> Horizontal Sync (kHZ): 30-85
> Vertical Sync (HZ)  : 50-160
> Width (mm): 360
> Height(mm): 270
> [root at TUX X11]#
>
> Which matches well with the config file.

Don't know if this info will help or not but those are the same specs
reported by ddcprobe for my SamTron 98BDF during installation and
setting the XConfig to match those hasn't led to any problems for me.

They do match the specs listed by SamTron for the monitor at
http://www.samtron.com/product/98bdf_spec.html

SamTron is made by Samsung and is their "budget" brand monitor.
--
Ken Wahl  ken at kenwahl.org  http://www.kenwahl.org