[TriLUG] Python-Mailman question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri May 2 21:20:42 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 15:42, Sinner from the Prairy wrote:
> On Friday 02 May 2003 02:47 pm, Jon Carnes wrote:
>
> > > How do I know which one is in use by Mailman?
>
> >   su mailman
> >   python
> >     to get out type a ctl-D
>
> > Also look in the crontab for mailman:
> >   crontab -e
>
> It points to /usr/bin/python , that is, python-1.5.2-43.73.
>
> > The full path to python should be written with each command.
>
> So, should I just change he ccrontab to point to python2, and restart apache ?

It would be an interesting experiment, but I recommend against it on a
production system.

You should backup your lists and re-install.  When you re-install, be
sure to point at the python 2.2 install

   --with-python=</path/to/python>
         Specify an alternative Python interpreter to use for the
         wrapper programs.  The default is to use the interpreter
         found first on your shell's $PATH.  Note that when running
         the scripts from the command line, the first Python
         interpreter found on $PATH is always used.

Let me know if you need any more help - Jon