[TriLUG] Durham Hamfest this Saturday, May 10th - Volunteers Needed

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sun May 4 23:28:23 EDT 2003

Hey everyone,

Our table at the Raleigh Hamfest in April was such a success, that we're
doing it again!  TriLUG will be sponsoring a table at the Durham Hamfest
on Saturday, May 10th, at the National Guard Armory in Durham.

BUT, we need your help.  We need volunteers to man the table for several
shifts.  At the table, you'll hand out Linux CDs, collect donations for
TriLUG, evangelize about Linux, and help burn more CDs.

Volunteer schedule:

7:30am - 10      (includes setup) == ~3 volunteers needed
10am - 12:30      == ~3 volunteers needed
12:30pm - 3:30  (includes teardown/cleanup) == ~2 volunteers needed.

If you can help out for one or more of those shifts, or even just half a
shift, we'd appreciate it.  Please note that the busiest time will
likely be first thing in the morning so if you can't decide what
time to volunteer for, please volunteer for the first shift.

If you can volunteer, please reply to steering at trilug.org with your
choice of shift.  If you'd like, we will reimburse your $5 entry fee.

ALSO, we need volunteers to help burn CDs.  If you'd like to burn copies
of Red Hat Linux 9, Mandrake 9.1, or the latest Knoppix, please do so
and bring them to the meeting on Thursday.  We can replace the blank
media or reimburse you if you need, or if you'd like to donate the CDs
that would be great too.

Thanks for the help, and even if you can't volunteer, don't forget to
stop by the booth and say hey!

Regards,
Jeremy Portzer and Tanner Lovelace
TriLUG Steering Committee