[TriLUG] NC spam laws?

Brandon L. Newport bnewport at appws.com
Mon May 5 14:07:58 EDT 2003

It is pretty cool there are some ISPs in Seattle going after the spammers
and they are basically funding more claims with winning from other claims.
They typically settle out of court for half of the amount...so if they get
$500 from it that is used to go after 10 more spammers, and so on...pretty
cool idea actually, but then again they are getting more back than the cost
of the claim.

-brandon

__________________________

Brandon L. Newport - CISSP
Senior Security Engineer
Certified:  CISSP, GCIA, CCSE, MCSE Windows NT 4.0, Sun Workgroup, CCNA
Affiliated:  HTCIA, CSI

Appalachian Web Solutions, LLC
http://www.appws.com
P.O. Box 4254