[TriLUG] linux and winders integration - request for speakerfor tntug

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun May 11 11:19:45 EDT 2003

The knoppix idea is insidiously clever!  I really like it!

Knoppix is a bootable CD that loads up a working Linux distro (based on
Debian).  You can generally put the CD into any working PC and boot it
up as a working Linux Workstation.  It rocks!

I can boot any of my home workstations via the cd and *Boom* I've got a
browser that can watch video's download and play music, play cd's, check
email, instant message my buds, open Excel spreadsheets, work with
Documents, etc... All from a bootable CD.

Also, you can use the booted system to access any local hard-drives
(though by default they mount as Read-Only).

It would be great to demo and hand these out to folks at the NT meeting.