[TriLUG] dhcp relay question

STaylor at srspos.com STaylor at srspos.com
Tue May 13 08:19:15 EDT 2003

If the box has multiple nicks in it, each plugged into a separate hub thus
creating your Vlans you just need to create the different DHCP  scopes
because the request will always hit a nic in the server. If you don't then
you need to make sure your switch will forward the request on to the DHCP
server.

In most cases this is called IP Helper (at least that's what cisco/foundry
call it)

Then you of course need to make sure your other scopes are set up.

HTH

Shawn

Shawn Taylor
Systech Retail Systems