[TriLUG] PLC and radio interference

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Tue May 13 14:40:33 EDT 2003

Well, actually it just isn't a question of keeping your neighbor happy, but
also one of keeping Uncle Sam (otherwise known as the FCC in this case)
happy. Because you might cause interference to a broad band of short-wave
frequencies, some of which could be used by all sorts of federal agencies
and even the military! First they send you a nice friendly warning and then
they send in the enforcers. And don't think you can hide because the FCC (as
well as other organizations) routinely searches for unauthorized (i.e.
unlicensed) transmissions throughout the radio spectrum (especially in the
amateur radio frequencies).---73,  KQ4FP--Al Johnson.