[TriLUG] linux apps on desktop that support *.mdb, *.vsd, *.dwg and *.mpp

Maria Winslow maria.winslow at windows-linux.com
Wed May 14 16:28:40 EDT 2003

StarOffice writes PDFs, and OpenOffice will write them to a file with mild
effort. Anytime the organization needs to pass along a document that is not
intended to be altered, a PDF is preferable. I doubt sales and marketing
people really want to send a document to prospects that a) can be
manipulated, b) they can't control the exact look of, and c) may have red
underlined "misspellings" that are a result of the product name not being in
the prospect's Word dictionary.

Sometimes a change in process is for the better!

Maria