[TriLUG] M$ Access replacement?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed May 14 17:46:10 EDT 2003

Actually, you can do better than that.

MS Access supports ODBC, so you can connect it directly to an open source
DB such as MySQL or Postgres, through the ODBC connectors that are
available from those projects.  Also, there are "upsizing" tools that will
convert your table schemas and copy everything in the correct formats.
And you'll be really happy to be using a "proper" client/server based
RDBMS instead of Access, which embeds both client data and server data all
in one mega file.

--Jeremy