[TriLUG] making cd images with OS X/Darwin

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon May 19 00:18:49 EDT 2003

Hey all.  I was trying to copy a CD with Mac OS X (from the command
line, so I think it's related) ;).

Anyway, the command I used to create the iso image was:

dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/Users/gwbrown/cd.iso

The iso image created well enough, but then I could NOT figure out how
to take that image and burn it back to a CD (yes, I have a CD-RW drive
in my iBook).  I tried the man pages and fumbled around via the GUI but
could not find a way to burn the ISO back to CD.

Any ideas?

Greg