[TriLUG] RE: IDE RAID

Justin Johnson justin at deepbluesoftware.com
Tue May 20 16:46:08 EDT 2003

> If you haven't bought hardware yet, don't bother with anything else.
> 3Ware is very fast, stable, and has *great* Linux support (including
> admin and status tools).  I'll recommend them every time.

Thanks for the responses guys. Unfortunately I already have the Promise card
installed and running Windows on a partition on the array. I left room on
the array for RedHat, so I am going to forge ahead with that. I did search
on the Promise website for linux drivers, and they are avaialalble for
RedHat 7.3 and 8.0, with a failrly detailed (if not simplistic) readme.txt
file with installation instructions. I'll try it out with version 9 and see
what happens.;-) Hopefully it will work. If not, I'll install 8.0 and then
try to upgrade to 9.0.

I'll post my findings as I get further into this.

Thanks,

Justin