[TriLUG] [Fwd: LUG: email, im and vpn in large companies]

bp bpevans at bellsouth.net
Thu May 22 12:45:00 EDT 2003

I can only speak of two the two big companies I've worked for:

    Lotus Notes, Lotus Sametime, AT&T MTS Dialer
    Eudora / POP3, Lotus Sametime, VPN Client / RSA-Authentication w/
SSH for non-Windows

So far, my exposure says that big corps don't *support* linux very well
but the internal mailing lists / newsgroups take care of you Linux
desires.

Sametime has a Perl version and another platform independant alternative
to the Windows Client.  Not anywhere near as nice as gAIM though....

-bp