[TriLUG] setting speed/duplex on NIC

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Thu May 22 12:52:58 EDT 2003

Actually, this brings back a question I have had for a little while.  I have
a Debian Sarge installation on a Sun Ultra 1, using an sbus QFE card.  Those
cards are simply 4 hme chips packed onto one card.  My problem is that I
don't know if I have mii support built into my kernel (easy enough to figure
out, I suppose), or if I even can build it in for hme chipsets on a Sparc
kernel.  I'll have to investigate further, but if anybody out there has any
experience with setting the link speed and mode on Sparc hardware under
Debian (or any other distro, for that matter), please advise.  Thanks.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 --Ben Franklin--