[TriLUG] Debian installation.

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Thu May 22 21:50:23 EDT 2003

I had a minute so I thought I would jump in here :)

> Yes, thanks for the headsup.  This may not float well with the Debian
> enthusiasts but it was my understanding that Debian support forums
> aren't very..um..well.(ahem)..supportive.  "What? You moron..You
didn't
> see that in page 1256 paragraph 27 subsection B?  RTFM already!
Besides
> you could've written a simple 900 line shellscript to fix that.."

Been there...done that...then I found TriLUG :) Seriously though - I
would ask here first with *any* kind of question (there's proof of that
in the archives!) and if for some reason someone here couldn't answer
it, at least they might be able to tell me how to phrase the question so
it would elicit helpful responses from the "other side." Ben P has been
very patient and very helpful (along with a few others) with Debian
specific questions :)

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play with my Debian box lately
and for some other reasons I've loaded RH9 on another box, so now I get
to be really confused! If you do however, have to rebuild the kernel on
a Debian box, let me know - I've got some wonderful notes on that -
which someday will hopefully make it somewhere online :)

Lisa B.