[TriLUG] printer suggestion?

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Fri May 23 00:51:17 EDT 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 02:41 PM, Maria Winslow wrote:

> Hello all,
> I need to get a new inexpensive printer, now that mine has gone wierd.
> Does
> anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive deskjet-type (black
> ink)
> printer that words well with a print server on a network of Linux and
> OSX
> machines?
>
> Thanks,
> Maria

Maria,

I have an HP Deskjet hooked up to my Mandrake 9.1 fileserver (by
way of USB).  My iBook running OS X managed to find the Mandrake
CUPS server without me doing anything at all.  The CUPS server
at work is running on RedHat and I had to make one change to
the configuration before OS X would automatically pick up its
printers.

I highly recommend, though, HP Deskjet type printers.  My wife
and I still use our HP Deskjet 500 (in addition to our new
HP Deskjet 932C).

Tanner