[TriLUG] Help needed with php-driven site (and surprising Mozilla gotcha)

George Entenman entenman at bellsouth.net
Sun May 25 14:13:15 EDT 2003

I have just created an ecommerce site using php and need help in two areas:

1. I need someone who can test the site in different browsers and tell
me where it is and is not working.

2. I think the site is having trouble because I used php sessions to
track session state.  It tracks it just fine, but I think some of the
site's problems are caused when the session does URL rewriting, which it
does when the browser refuses cookies.  I have tried to turn off URL
rewriting and have added a check to require the use of cookies before
adding anything to the shopping cart, but there still seem to be
problems (but see #1 above).  So I think I need a php guru here.

Any help will be appreciated.  I can pay a small amount for this help.

Thanks for your help and recommendations.

George Entenman
Chapel Hill
919-942-5858 (evenings and weekends)

P.S.  BTW, I want to point out an unexpected problem I had using a linux
desktop to do my development and viewing the results in mozilla or
netscape 7.  Mozilla/Metscape fix problems with HTML!!  So I didn't see
problems with HTML until I looked on a windoze machine, which was
infrequently.  Anyone know how to make mozilla NOT fix code?

P.P.S. I realize that this is not strictly a linux-related posting but I
got a linux guru's 'approval' to ask here. ;-)  (BTW, I think there's an
opportunity for someone to start a php users' group in the Triangle).