[TriLUG] Burning SVCD's in Linux

John Walker jwalker at gopack.com
Sun May 25 13:26:57 EDT 2003

My friends and I are creating some home movies of our fishing trips. The
guy with the digital video camera is capturing the video in mpeg2
format.

I am using Mandrake Linux 9.1 and K3b to do the SVCD creation and cd
writing.  It works fine as long as I play them on the computer, but they
will not play in my standalone DVD player. My DVD player can play the
ones I created in Windows before I switched to Linux.

What am I doing wrong?  Is K3b writing in a format native to Linux that
can't be read by other players?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.