[TriLUG] Installing Knoppix on hard drive revisited!!

Bill Gooding bgood210 at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 16:03:24 EDT 2003

Hi Al,

Glad you got it to work or did you ?  I saw the same
instructions on the web site you pointed to.  I didn't
include them in my original post on Knoppix
(regretably I titled the post as Debian installation),
because I think they *may* be a little dated (old).  I
only had to do steps 1-6, the new version of KDE
prompted me for language and other info.  So no German
stuff to worry about interpreting. Was this your
experience or anyone elses ?

I just wanted to make sure, I like it when other
people independently verify what I say.  It's easy to
make mistakes when describing something or to just
make a mistake.  And BTW, it does install Debian, I
guess that is what you meant by GNU/Linux.  Debian
just seems to me to be the GNU flavor of Linux
(sponsored by the same  people or type of people).

Later,

Bill Gooding