[TriLUG] kernel houskeeping

Justin Johnson justin at deepbluesoftware.com
Mon Jun 2 23:35:29 EDT 2003

Hey ya'll,

I'm one of those neat freak, don't want it if I don't need it kind of
people. So with up2date keeping my kernel, eh hem, up to date, I now
have two kernel options when grub loads. Is there any reason to keep the
older kernel, having run the newer one for a while now? If not, do I
need to do anything besides "rpm -e kernel-2.4.20-8" to clean up? What
about docs, source, etc? I guess I'll have to edit the grub config file
as well?

Oh yea, running RH 9 kernel 2.4.20-13.9 on Dell Inspiron 3800.

Thanks,
Justin