[TriLUG] i need a fix cuz i'm going down with mount

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed Jun 4 09:47:47 EDT 2003

hep me hep me.  i tried to use mount to see a network share this morning for the first time.  i got it working with the following syntax:

mount -t smbfs -o username=user/domain-name%superfancypassword //server-name/share /home/winders-share

however, my first attempt was not successful using this syntax:

mount -t smbfs -o guest 0 0 //server-name/share /home/user

did i just nix my user home directory?  is there an unmount command out there?  i looked at /etc/fstab to no avail.  of course, there was no guest permissions on the winders share.  now, i don't see squat at /home/user including all my user files and settings.

yeah, you experts have a good chuckle with this ID 10 T error this morning.  i had a slight winders relapse yet am preparing for more cold turkey in the not too distant future.