[TriLUG] Ham Operator Survey

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at trilug.org
Fri Jun 6 11:55:41 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 11:18, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm kind of curious as to how many ham radio operators we have in
> TriLUG.  I'd like to take an informal survey.  If you have a ham
> radio license, could you e-mail me directly (off-list) with your
> callsign and what license you have (tech, general, extra, etc..)?
> I'll gather the results and post the summary if people are interested.

Hi folks,

I got some interesting responses back from my query.  It looks
like we have at least 11 licensed ham radio operators in the group.
They would be the following:

 Name              Callsign          License Class
 ----------------- ---------         --------------
 Tanner Lovelace   KB4TYE            Extra
 Al Johnson        KQ4FP             Extra
 Errol Casey       KD4IHW            Extra
 Dr. David Johnson WA4NID            Extra
 Ronald H. Evans   K4KTB             Extra
 William Schulz    NU9Z              Extra
 Neil Little       WA4AZL            Advanced
 Kevin Otte        N8VNR             General
 Jim Thompson      KI4AIV            Technician
 Mark Turner       N4JMT             Technician
 Scott Morris      KG4ZYA            Technician

We also have around 10 people who expressed interest in learning
more about ham radio (and how to use linux with it, of course :-).
That's almost enough to put together a license class.  So, would
anyone be interested in doing that?  If so, would a weekend class
be better or would a couple of hours some evening for several weeks
be preferable to people?  As usual, please e-mail me *off-list*
to respond to that.

Cheers,
Tanner
--