[TriLUG] Squirrelmail and case sensitiviness

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri Jun 6 15:20:23 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm using Squirrelmail-1.2.8 on Red Hat 7.3, and my users have found an
interesting feature.

If 'foobar at sinner.com' user logs in as 'foobar', the user gets 'foobar.abook'
and 'foobar.prefs' files associated with user's account foobar at sinner.com.

But if the user logs in as FOOBAR, the user gets a brand new address book...
and I get a call "My addressbook has been lost!". Next day, the user logs as
FoobaR and "looses" his adressbook again. And so on.

Although I see this feature as an interesting multi-profile capability, my
users don't like it.

As I like my users very much,  I would like to disable this feature.
Does anybody has any idea on how to prceed? Any Fine Manual?  Any URL?

Thank you un advance.

Salut,
Sinner
--
Stallman Reads my Tutorials! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/Steel/rms.html
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux User # 89976