[TriLUG] Knoppix revisited...again

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon Jun 9 10:08:46 EDT 2003

Here's a linux alternative I just thought of.  Since you are using Knoppix,
I'm assuming you have network connectivity. If so, open a terminal, mount a
share on your network and use dd to copy the partition you want to save into
an image file. For example: dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/mount/point/filename.img .
Then you can mount the image any linux machine you wish and copy/write/move
the data: mount -o loop /path/to/filename.img /mount/point.

You could use lnx-bbc (linux bootable business card) from lnx-bbc.org as
well as your favorite distro's rescue schema to do this if you didn't want
to use Knoppix.

Hope this is clear as mud.

HTH