[TriLUG] Squirrelmail and case sensitiviness

zzd zzd at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 9 12:04:12 EDT 2003

On Friday June 06 2003 03:20 pm, Sinner from the Prairy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Squirrelmail-1.2.8 on Red Hat 7.3, and my users have found
> an interesting feature.
>
> If 'foobar at sinner.com' user logs in as 'foobar', the user gets
> 'foobar.abook' and 'foobar.prefs' files associated with user's
> account foobar at sinner.com.
>
> But if the user logs in as FOOBAR, the user gets a brand new address
> book... and I get a call "My addressbook has been lost!". Next day,
> the user logs as FoobaR and "looses" his adressbook again. And so on.
>
> Although I see this feature as an interesting multi-profile
> capability, my users don't like it.
>
> As I like my users very much,  I would like to disable this feature.
> Does anybody has any idea on how to prceed? Any Fine Manual?  Any
> URL?
>
> Thank you un advance.
>

> Salut,
> Sinner

You will find that this feature already exists. Check the config.php
file for this section:
/**
 * Some IMAP servers allow a username (like 'bob') to log in if they use
 * uppercase in their name (like 'Bob' or 'BOB'). This creates extra
 * preference files.  Toggling this option to true will transparently
 * change all usernames to lowercase.
 */
global $force_username_lowercase;
$force_username_lowercase = false;

/**

This is the code from src/redirect.php where the name is forced to lower
case.
  /* Verify that username and password are correct. */
    if ($force_username_lowercase) {
        $login_username = strtolower($login_username);
    }

good luck,