[TriLUG] pop3 proxy via ssh?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 10 21:42:55 EDT 2003

You can always create a ppp over ssh VPN and then direct your pop call
down the VPN.  You will have to setup some routing at each endpoint but
that's not hard.

Otherwise, you can setup xinetd to listen on one port and then reflect
that call out to another machine via port 110.  So you make a pop call
to you home firewall on a specified high port and then it is reflected
to your POP server... the pop call "looks" like it is originated from
your home firewall.

And that my friends is a much more detailed answer than your question
(gigo).

Jon Carnes