[TriLUG] Re: Converting development from MS to Linux

Jeffery Painter painter at kiasoft.com
Wed Jun 11 13:32:29 EDT 2003

One thing to note, MS does provide a jdbc driver, but only for sql server
2000 or better. If you are stuck with sql server 7, they don't provide
a native driver and you will have to use a bridge.

I also found that BEA systems provides a nice jdbc driver compatible with
MS sql server 7, however you must pay for it. It is free to try (i think
for 30 days) and limited to 2-3 connections, can't remember. It was
good enough for me until we were able to migrate everything off
of MS sql server though.

http://www.bea.com
It looks like they are moving the driver to an end of life term.

SQL Server 2000 JDBC type 4 driver
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4f8f2f01-1ed7-4c4d-8f7b-3d47969e66ae&DisplayLang=en

HTH,
Jeff Painter