[TriLUG] Linux Fileserver to replace w2k

bp bpevans at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 11 16:39:17 EDT 2003

Andrew Perrin wrote:

>Is this really worth the trouble? I don't know anything about it, so the
>answer might be "yes", but you can get 120GB of storage (IDE) for under
>$200 and avoid having to deal with LVM.
>
>ap

At least on aix, LVM is akin to walking & chewing gum at the same time.
It's that simple. Haven't tried it yet on Linux. (*yet*, the RH9 iso's
are being d/l'd now)   If I ask for $$$ I'm sure I'll just get the
answer, "well, just use one of those brand-spanking-new Windows
development boxes."  Then I'm stuck using w2k again and we'll be right
where we already are.  Plus we have several 8-20gb drives that are about
to be surplussed. -bp