[TriLUG] Question about RedHat 9 install

Matt Hoover Matt.Hoover at haht.com
Wed Jun 11 22:42:03 EDT 2003

I am trying to install RedHat 9 on a laptop without a CD drive.  When I
installed RedHat 8.0, I just copied all of the CDs into a directory on an
FTP server, and did a FTP install.  So I tried the same thing with RedHat 9.
It was able to connect to the ftp server, and download the stage two images,
but I ran into problems when it tried to download the package list.  I get
the error message:

Unable to read header list.  This may be due to a missing file or bad media.
Pres <return> to try again.

I have copied the CD a second time to the ftp server, so unless the CD (that
I burned) itself is bad, I don't think it is a problem with the file.  But
just to make sure, does anyone know what file the installer is hunting for,
and where it is on the CD?  Can anyone think of other things that I should
try?

Thanks in advance for your help,
--matt