[TriLUG] OT (I complied) Employed/Unemployed Poll -- on and on

Neil Little nllittle at vnet.net
Tue Jun 17 12:28:16 EDT 2003

I was on unemployment until May of this year. The amount I was getting
each week was much more than that what I would have gotten taking
another lesser paying job.

My first round of the highest paying retail jobs, such as the grocery
stores, did not find me any employment. Either they were not hiring or
they took one look at the previous employer and decided that you would
be there only as long as it took to find another job and would be gone.
One of the problems is to just get past the "We'll let you know, but
dont call us, We'll call you" response.

I'm on my second round now going through the hardware stores (they
actually pay better than grocery stores). I have yet to lower my
expectations to Wally World but you may be seeing me there soon.