[TriLUG] RTCW ET

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 17 16:05:43 EDT 2003

Hello

I play it.  I am trying to get up enough interest to have trilug host a
server.

JD

BTW, are you local?  I remember you as a duke/unc addy.  Now, it looks like
you are in Amsterdam or something.

|         |           crimsun at fungus.sh|
|         |           .nu              |
|         |           trilug-admin at tril|
|         |           ug.org           |
|         |           06/17/2003 03:59 |
|         |           trilug           |
  |       To:       trilug at trilug.org                                                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [TriLUG] RTCW ET                                                                                         |

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:29:56PM -0400, John F Davis wrote:
> Anybody play this game?  Maybe if we get enough interest we could setup a
> dedicated server.  Its free and it runs on linux better than it does on
> windows.

Yup, and it's quite slick. It needs a medium-fast PC for tolerable
framerates (make sure you adjusted \rate, too), and that deteriorates
when the number of players increases beyond the recommended max of 32.

[http://www.splashdamage.com/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=7
is the url for people who haven't tried it yet. It's ~258 MB.]

Dan Chen                crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key: www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc