[TriLUG] re: Sendmail question

Tom Raleigh tlenc2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 12:42:12 EDT 2003

Thanks Dave and Jon for your responses.

Here is the content of the /etc/resolv.conf:

domain yyy.com
nameserver 192.168.123.123

(The IP address 192.168.123.123 is the correct IP for DNS server.)

When i issued the command: nslookup -sil set q=mx yyy.com, I got "connection timed out: No servers could be reached" error.

I am surprised because sendmail server and DNS server are on the same AS21 box now.  Telnet to localhost 25 is OK with the welcome message appearing just fine.

Regards,
Thanh