[TriLUG] Web again: do something, then close browser

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jun 19 15:39:35 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 03:16 PM, Andrew Perrin wrote:

> On the survey page I'm working on, I open a new window to allow the
> respondent to enter more entries in a list of organizational
> affiliations.

Have you checked to see if this will work with browsers that block
pop-ups?

> It's trivial to make a button that will close the browser I've brought
> up
> for this secondary screen. But what I need to do is have a button that
> will first submit the data from the screen, *then* close the browser.
> Any
> ideas? Effectively, I think what I need is code that a perl script can
> send to a browser to close itself when the script is loaded.

*moment of silence*

Maybe I missed something here, but are you talking about just any old
person out on the internet logging into this poll application, or is
this a farm of client machines that is yours?

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
"From the Fury of the Norsemen please Deliver us, Oh Lord"