[TriLUG] mouse button mappings

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 20 11:09:36 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 10:06, Ron Joffe wrote:
> I just picked up a Logitech MX700 mouse.
>
> This thing has a bunch of extra buttons on it, and I was wondering if any of
> you have references or experiances with mapping buttons to either key
> sequences or to launch programs.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ron

xbindkeys is a program that allows you to launch shell commands with
your keyboard or your mouse under X Window. It links commands to keys or
mouse buttons, using a configuration file. It's independent of the
window manager and can capture all keyboard keys (ex: Power, Wake...).
http://packages.debian.org/testing/x11/xbindkeys.html

Another link that might be helpful:
http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20011126/002238.html

If nothing else, It's open source so your fee to modilficate it till it
works!

Good Luck - Jon