[TriLUG] OT Computer wont boot up

Merle Watts elremx2 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 20 13:59:39 EDT 2003

I'm gettin there.  Had about 1/2 hr to play with it today.  found out I can use a boot disk and read from all the directories except the windows (as I crouch down in front of the monitor trying to hide) directory ( sorry it's my wifes computer)

tried to format it.  wont work.  tried to fdisk it.  gets through about 5% of the verification and quits.    I think i need new hard drive.   Just bought this new seagate a couple months ago.

gonna put it in another computer as a slave first and see what i can do with it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.