[TriLUG] bzflag thermal runaway on wintel

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sun Jun 22 09:21:55 EDT 2003

don't waste your time trying to get bzflag running on a mini-itx board, the
integrated video doesn't have the cajones to do the job and an extra PCI
video card is expensive and defeats the whole purpose of a mini-itx system.
plus, the FPU on the mini-itx boards runs at only half the CPU clock speed,
which hurts graphical apps even more.  i tried bz once on my epia 5000 and it
was painful to say the least.

you don't need a high-end system to play a good game of bz, a fast PII or PIII
combined with a decent 3D video card will give more than acceptable
performance.  even a old TNT2 card worked quite well for me, and geforce2
cards can be had very inexpensively.

good luck, and see you on the game field!

jason