[TriLUG] O.T., but interesting (SCO Protest)

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 23 00:55:34 EDT 2003

> SCO are truly enemies of free software and are attempting to position linux
> users with criminals.  What has amazed me is how scheming and diabolical they
> are.  It seems that they involved themselves with Linux for the sole purpose
> of undermining and subverting it.  Real strategic planning went into this.
> It is not coincidental.
> Smitty

Just to set the record straight, and maybe muddy the waters a bit...
The "SCO Group" is not the same as SCO.  The original SCO that actually
helped out Linux no longer exists (well it goes by a different name) -
and the only thing that this Corp has in common with the original SCO is
the letters "SCO" in the name.

This company is really just a group of lawyers that has successfully
sued it's way to profits. They buy up "intellectual property" and then
milk all the participants they can.

If they continue on with their past MO, then they *will* sue companies
using Linux.  They don't care if they are right or wrong - only if they
can get money, and they have plenty of legal talent sitting around with
nothing better to do.

Jon