Wandering OT. Re: [TriLUG] hardware requirements for linux gaming computer

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Tue Jun 24 10:21:42 EDT 2003

While I am aware of this, the picture is actually very smooth and isn't
a problem.  I would be willing to dare you to come over and see if you
can detect the tearing.  (I can't, but I could be going blind...  if
these hairy palms are any indication.)

I'm reasonably certain that the BZ FPS counter is theoretical.  (Of
course, we could go to source to figure it out.)  (In other words, it
doesn't actually update the screen that much, but it could...)

BTW, smiley faces usually indicate some tongue-in-cheek attitude.  I am
aware that measuring frame rates is juvenile, but I just couldn't
resist.  This game is ugly at low res and actually pretty at high res.
(The sunrise is particularly nice.)

CJK

--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>