[TriLUG] hardware requirements for linux gaming computer

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Jun 24 11:38:25 EDT 2003

...and a decent power supply for all those transistors inside the RAM, video card and processor.  my 1 GHz PIII with 512 MB RAM and no special video card made a toaster out of the little weenie 150W supply that came with the 1U rack mount chassis.  small is nice yet not necessarily cool with respect to thermal properties.