[TriLUG] iPlanet LDAP 5.1 question

Tom Raleigh tlenc2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 15:52:19 EDT 2003

I am trying to setup iPlanet LDAP 5.1 for sendmail, and I am running into some issues with the attributes not showing up in LDAP.
Basically, I added an object class in iplanet LDAP called inetLocalMailRecipient for sendmail.  I did this through the GUI, and added all necessary attributes.  However, when i tried to add users to the directory, the attributes from inetLocalMailRecipient weren't available for me to enter the entry.  For example, I wanted to enter an entry for mailHost, but the attribute was not there for me to add.  When I clicked on Advanced Properties tab, the attribute was grayed out and can't be edited.
How do I fix this problem?

TIA,
Tom