[TriLUG] OT: winmail.dat

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jun 26 10:03:41 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 09:37 AM, Greg Cox wrote:

> In the sense of 'Does every message needs to be verified as unaltered'
>  and 'people haven't learned self control in using it' and 'WHERE is
>  your public key so the signature does me any good,' no.

Well, in my case anyway you can easily find my public key by reading
the mail headers.  Everything you need to know to verify my messages as
authentic are found in the headers.

I have enough of a web of trust within TriLUG, having cross-signed with
other members, for you to be assured that if PGP or GnuPG are able to
authenticate my signature than enough people have checked my photo ID
for you to be sure it was really posted by me.

And yes, I have had people try to forge messages to make them look like
they were from me so this does serve a legit purpose.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish