[TriLUG] OT: winmail.dat, finished

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Jun 26 16:16:03 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 15:46, Dan Monjar wrote:
> --On Thursday, June 26, 2003 11:54:00 AM -0400 Jim Ray <jim at neuse.net>
> wrote:
>
> > i would love to replace my exchange server with sendmail
>
> You could never do that... Sendmail is just an MTA, Exchange provides a
> whole bunch of other services as well.

While that may be true, how do you know that he's using all of those
services?  If he's just using Exchange as an MTA, then sendmail can
certainly fill the bill.  Coupled with other tools such as IMAP, POP,
etc, it can be a very capable mail server (though I prefer postfix).

If you need all of the Exchange services, then look at the Suse product
that's been discussed extensively on this list recently.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |